Network Server Monitor
GFI Network Server Monitor™ scans your network for failures or irregularities. GFI Network Server Monitor scans automatically so you can identify issues and fix unexpected problems before your users (or managers) even know they’ve happened.
Maximize Network and Server Uptime
GFI Network Server Monitor maximizes network availability by monitoring all aspects of your Windows and Linux servers, plus workstations and other devices such as routers and more. When a failure is detected, GFI’s network monitor will alert you by email, pager or SMS, as well as automatically taking the preconfigured corrective action by, for example, rebooting the machine, restarting the service or running a script.
Performs a Real Test
GFI Network Server Monitor actually tests the status of a service, rather than deducing a service status from generated events as other products do. This method truly ensures server uptime. GFI Network Server Monitor is easy to set up and use, and is competitively priced.
Built in Rules for Several Network Servers and Services
GFI Network Server Monitor’s built in monitoring rules include: Exchange Server 2000/2003, MS SQL, Oracle and ODBC databases, CPU usage, FTP and HTTP Servers Group Membership, Active Directory and NTDS, Disk Drive Health, Disk Space, Event Log (with content checking), File Existence (with content checking), TCP, ICMP/Ping, SMTP and POP3 Mail Servers, Printers, Processes, Services, UNIX Shell Scripts (RSH), SNMP & Terminal Server.
Custom monitor functions can be created in VBscript and ADSI and WMI. With GFI Network Server Monitor you can monitor virtually anything!
Why Choose GFI Network Server Monitor?
- Monitor your network and servers for software and hardware failures
- Out-of-the-box monitoring of Exchange, ISA, SQL, Web servers and more
- Monitor disk space, services, processes and more on servers and workstations
- Easy to learn, easy to use and easy to deploy – no client component or agent
- Enterprise class architecture
- Includes checks for Exchange 2000/2003, ISA server, IIS and others
- Performs administrative steps to ensure that a service is running
- Takes corrective action automatically
- Alert notification via email, pager or SMS
- Built-in computer monitor functions
- Built in Internet service functions
- Support for SQL Server/MS Access as a database backend
- Monitors terminal servers by actually logging in
- Monitor your database servers (SQL/ODBC)
- Monitor Linux servers
- View network status from anywhere in the world
- Monitor remote event logs
- Monitor processes, services performance and CPU usage
- Custom network monitoring using VBScript and SSH
- Monitor users, groups and other Active Directory information
- Competitively priced
- Nested folder support
- Configure maintenance periods to avoid alerts being sent during scheduled maintenance
- Advanced logging options to text file or event log
- Configure dependencies to avoid multiple alerts for error conditions dependent on each other
- Monitor network printer status
- Reporting – includes reports that detail the availability of your network resources; alternatively, use Crystal Reports to access the database and create your own reports
- Monitoring checks wizard that easily configures new checks for your present systems
- Accommodates employee shifts: GFI Network Server Monitor can notify different people depending on the time at which the check triggered
- Support for virtual environments