Forensic in-line USB WriteBlocker
- Smallest Forensic USB Write-Blocking Device on the Market
- Carry this small write-blocker anywhere to capture and image 20%-25% faster than the competing product
- Easy, write-blocked access to USB drives at 8-10 MB/s
- Works with USB Mass Storage Devices
- Compatible with single storage devices with Multiple Mountable Volumes (multiple LUNs)
All new USB WriteBlocker
We’ve heard your requests. You told us that you need a forensic solution to access USB flash drives or devices that cannot be removed from a USB enclosure. USB WriteBlocker works with devices that register as “USB Mass Storage” devices, very common for thumb drives and storage enclosures. USB WriteBlocker is also compatible with other devices that register in the same way, such as some Cellular Phones and Digital Cameras.
What is supported
USB 1.1/2.0 devices that would normally register with the computer as a “USB Mass Storage Device” are supported. This is the vast majority of USB devices, since it is used by hard drive enclosures and thumb (flash) drives.
There are some cell phones which use “USB Mass Storage” as well, and will be compatible, as well as some digital cameras.
Keeping it Simple
USB WriteBlocker has two ports and one LED and is very easy to use. Simply attach the Device Under Capture to one end and attach the computer to the other. The LED confirms power to the device and simultaneously confirms that the write-blocking technology is active.